Basic Rider Course Update with eCourse (BRCU)
The best place to start once you've made the decision to ride. Covers the basics of operating a motorcycle and safety-oriented mental strategies.
Basic Rider Course II (BRCII)
Formerly known as the Experienced RiderCourse (or ERC), the BRC II utilizes a student's own bike to build upon the techniques taught in the BRC...
Advanced Rider Course (ARC)
This is a one-day course that complements your basic skills and helps with personal risk assessment. It includes a fast-paced classroom segment with several fun interactive activities to improve perception and hazard awareness.
Driver Improvement Program
Managing Visibility, Time and Space teaches drivers how to prepare the vehicle for optimum visibility, compensate for environmental factors, drive defensively and react to potentially dangerous traffic situations.
All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Training Course
This course will assest you in becoming more comfortable with riding an ATV safely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can take the courses?
All courses are open to Military (Active Duty, Guards, and Reserves), Dependents, DOD, and Retirees.
I am a Drill Status Guard/Reserve, can I still take the class even if it’s not a drill weekend or I’m not on orders?
Yes, so long as you sign up and take the course.
What do I need to bring to class?
All courses require students to provide their own PPE to include:
- DOT compliant helmet and eye protection
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear (motorcycle boots preferred)
- Long-sleeved shirt (motorcycle jacket preferred)
- Sturdy pants (motorcycle riding pants preferred)
- Full-fingered motorcycle gloves
I want to sign up for the BRCU class but I don’t own a motorcycle, can I still take the class?
Yes, we will provide a motorcycle for you to learn on. All of our motorcycles are 300cc or less with a variety of styles to choose from.
It’s raining, should I come to class?
YES! Classes are held RAIN or SHINE.
I want to get my motorcycle licence/endorsement, what class should I sign up for?
You are looking for the BRCu course.
I signed up for the BRCu, where can I get the eCourse?
You will receive an email approximately one week prior to your class date with a link to the eCourse.
What precautions are you taking due to COVID-19?
- Currently, we are following base access policies.
- All students and instructors are screened prior to the start of class.
- Classroom portions have been modified in accordance with MSF guidance to allow social distancing.
- Classroom portions have been moved outdoors to our range.
- The motorcycle you use is disinfected at the end of your class.
- Sanitizing equipment is provided for your use during class.
I am on the Wait-list or I am trying to sign up and the classes are full, what should I do?
SHOW UP! There are always last-minute cancellations. Priority goes to students that signed up, wait-listed students by order of timestamp of initial sign-up, then walk-ins by order of arrival.
How much does the course cost?
The courses are FREE for DoD ID holders.